Introducing Welcyon’s Healthy Eating Program
Fact: You can’t out-exercise a bad diet. Otherwise, we’d all be skinnier and healthier. Reality is that to age with good health, how you fuel your body is as important as how often you push it – perhaps more so.
The good news is that as a Welcyon member you can successfully tackle both sides of the equation – nutrition and exercise – through one-on-one coaching.
Chances are you’ve already worked with a fitness coach to set up and monitor your workout program. Now it’s time to team with your own Registered Dietitian for one-on-one nutrition coaching by enrolling in our Healthy Eating Program – at no extra cost.*
How our program works
- Get matched. Answer a few simple questions, pick a dietitian and get started.
- Get acquainted. During your first 30-minute session, your RD outlines the program, reviews your medical history and dietary concerns, conducts a nutrition assessment and helps you set realistic goals.
- Get a plan. During your second 30-minute session, you get a personalized meal and nutrition plan with recipes and other helpful resources.
- Stay on track. After that, attend a 15-minute monthly coaching session to review progress, discuss challenges and solutions, refine your plan as needed – and, of course, to celebrate successes!
- Stay connected. Between coaching sessions, you can email your RD as often as you’d like. You are guaranteed a response within 24 hours.
Three conveniences you’ll love
- Privacy. All coaching sessions are done by phone from the comfort and privacy of your home, on the days and times you prefer.
- Personalized website. You have 24/7 access to your own private, password-protected webpage. Here you can message your RD, track your meal plan, keep a food journal, download recipes selected specially for you and explore other educational materials. You can even speak live to your RD via video.
- Portability. If you own a smart phone, you can access your 24/7 webpage anytime from anywhere.
Sample Meal Plan
Click the image to learn more
How you will benefit
Working with an RD helps to take the guesswork out of healthy eating so you get more from your Welcyon workouts. Nutrition coaching is ideal if you’re looking to:
- Improve or maintain your general health
- Lose, gain or maintain weight
- Prevent or manage chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and kidney disease
- Improve athletic performance and get smarter about sports nutrition
- Manage digestive problems, food allergies and intolerances
- Increase variety with delicious new meal ideas
- Understand which foods, vitamins, minerals and supplements may be best for you
Meet Coach Elaine Wu, RD
Click the image to learn more
About Your Registered Dietitian
As a licensed healthcare professional your RD is trained to provide advice about diet, food and nutrition. Don’t expect counseling based on the latest fad diets. Your RD adheres to proven, science-based approaches, just like Welcyon’s fitness program.
Your RD is your personal champion, coach and certified expert who will provide the knowledge, support, encouragement and accountability you need to meet your goals – every step of the way.
Your eligibility for free enrollment
As a dues-paying Welcyon member, you are eligible to take part in our Healthy Eating Program at no extra cost.* But remember, if you put your membership on hold, you won’t be able to participate until you return to Welcyon. Eligibility does NOT extend to relatives or friends unless they are dues-paying members.
How to enroll
You’re only a click away from getting started! Select your club below to begin enrolling. You’ll create an account, answer a few easy questions and get matched with the RD of your choice within minutes.
Better health starts now!
You are unique in your body composition, activity level, medical considerations, food preferences, schedule routines and lifestyle choices. Having a dedicated coach who considers all these aspects and understands your needs will ultimately result in the best plan to help you reach your personal health goals.
Few health clubs offer the opportunity to take advantage of a service like ours. Seize it – and remember why you joined Welcyon in the first place. Here’s to your health – bon appétit!
- Toll-Free: 1.866.670.9379
- Hours (Eastern Time): Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; holidays excluded.
If you have program questions or have difficulty registering or logging in to your personal account, help is available by contacting Enthrive, the program administrator.
* This program is complimentary if you joined For members in Bloomington, Edina and Sioux Falls who joined prior to 2014, as you may recall, a small fee is required to upgrade to the new standard membership. If you’d like to upgrade to participate in the program, or if you have a question, please contact your club.