Hours of Research
Vitamins and minerals are the basic building block of the body. They provide the body with the energy needed for daily activities.
Age is equally an important factor when it comes to the way our body produce, absorb and maintain the vitamins and minerals needed by the body.
For men over 50 years of age, more energy is needed to stay active and maintain optimum productivity all day. The vitamins analyzed in this article would suffice for adult men in staying healthy.
Supplementing becomes necessary to ensure that the body gets all the essential body nutrients. We have researched and selected five best vitamins for men over 30 years of age, to guide your selection of suitable vitamins.
What To Look For In Vitamins For Men Over 50.
For men over the age of 30 years, it’s important to have sufficient supply of the vitamins listed below. Your preferred vitamin product should contain at the very least five (5) of the vitamins listed below.
Vitamin D: It’s essential for stimulating the production of testosterone. It has also been shown to play a role in mood improvement as well as body cholesterol control. Your vitamin stack should definitely contain vitamin D. It’s one of the most important vitamins that are not readily available in the diet.
Vitamin B12: Also known as cobalamin. It is associated with improvement of brain functioning. Its main role in the nervous system involves the synthesis of myelin. It’s also vital in the formation of new red blood cells. As important as it is, they’re not readily synthesized in the body, making its supplementation very important.
Vitamin A, C, and E: They are collectively known as antioxidant vitamins. They help get rid of free radicals from the cell. Free radicals are responsible for aging. These antioxidant vitamins play a significant role in mopping them out of the body system.
Vitamin K: When you get hurt and the bleeding won’t stop easily, it’s probably because you don’t have enough of vitamin K flowing around. They play a significant role in the coagulation of blood.
Magenisum: For effective nerve and muscle function, magnesium is important. They play a significant role in maintaining blood pressure, and to some extent helps in the regulation of other minerals like calcium, and potassium.
Potassium: As we advance in age, the risk of high blood pressure becomes high. Potassium helps in lowering such risk. Sadly, most people don’t get up to half the amount of recommended daily value of potassium. Hence the need to supplement it. Some other factor that may deplete the amount of potassium in the body system is the use of diuretic drugs.
Zinc: This is another important mineral that has been linked to improved metabolism and testosterone synthesis.
Biotin: If you’re at the risk of hair loss, then biotin is one of the supplements you want to take.
Niacin: This is another member of the vitamin B family, it helps lower cholesterol, and improves joint movement amidst other things.
Vitamin B-6: This vitamin has been linked to enhanced libido in men, as it helps in regulation of prolactin.
Top 5 Vitamins For Men Over 50
#1. MegaFood Men Vitamins
MegaFood Men multivitamin is easy on the tummy and can be taken with or without food without resulting in any form of stomach discomfort or upset. It comes with a defensive collection of carotenoids and antioxidants obtained from colored natural foods and organic herbs.
- The multivitamin comes in a blend of whole and natural foods and ingredients. It is blended with specialized organic herbs and does not contain any artificial additives like preservatives.
- It comes with a blend of natural ingredients which has better absorption into the body’s system.
- It is one of the best vitamins for men over 30 in the market today.
- It is easily assimilated into the body system and is very powerful.
- You’d see the amazing result within a short time of tasking it.
- It comes well packaged and on time.
- This vitamin will provide you with what your body requires.
- Mega food is reputed for producing food-related multivitamin.
- They take the lead in this regard while most of their competitors make use of synthetic ingredients.
- The artificially made vitamin is less bioavailable. The body would usually try to fight back and this may result in a lethargic feeling.
- On the contrary, food grown vitamins like mega food boost your energy and general health.
- It also comes with enzymes which are great and makes it easily digestible and assimilated.
- Although the quality is excellent, the pricing is a bit on the high side.
- You need to take 6 of it a day however when you consider the complete collection of nutrient it contains, it is okay.
#2. Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men Daily Multivitamin
The optimum Nutrition Opti-men daily multivitamin supplement is a very powerful Multivitamin for men over 30 that are active. It comes in over seventy-five active ingredients and in four different types of blends with twenty-five multivitamin and minerals blend. To get the entire nutritional requirement, you need to take three of it every day.
- Optimum Nutrition is high-quality multivitamin with great potential for active men.
- It doesn’t nauseate you. You can take it anytime.
- It provides you the nutrients needs that you aren’t able to fulfill with your daily diet.
- The pricing makes sense due to the high quality.
- It results in an observable boost of energy and focus.
- It boosts your overall health and keeps you from becoming sick during the winter time.
- They are of a very good quality and would make you feel exceptionally different.
- It is a great help for vegetarians and people on restricted diet and assists them to build their muscles.
- The effect comes pretty quickly after taking it.
- It makes you more productive and less lethargic.
- The tablets look more like a capsule but they are a bit large. You can easily break it in half for easy swallowing and for improved absorption given the fact that it is not as strong as some brands that you can hardly break.
- It boosts your sexual drive and makes you more loving.
- It can make you to occasionally belch the smell of the multivitamin which is unpleasant.
- This multivitamin would help you to recover fast after your workout.
- You are required to take 3 each day to get the complete nutritional benefits.
#3. Garden of Life Multivitamin for Men
This multivitamin for men over 30 is particularly structured to serve the needs of men. It comes with an additional nutritional blend that boosts the prostate health and is produced from natural raw and whole foods and doesn’t come with artificial blends. It as well contains live probiotics and enzymes in addition to antioxidants for amazing health and vitality
- It comes with nutrient blends that boost the heart health, the prostate health and enhances your overall health and wellbeing.
- It is vegan-friendly
- It doesn’t contain gluten additives or fillers
- It boosts your overall health and well-being and keeps you from being sick even under a very stressful environment.
- It doesn’t result in any form of stomach upset even when taken in an empty tummy.
- It boosts your energy and would most likely remind you to take one if you miss it through the difference in strength you’d feel.
- It keeps you healthy and free from cold.
- A good number of vitamins are not properly absorbed into the body system and are eliminated out of the body through the urine.
- It comes with a large amount of vitamin B12
- It contains higher ration of vitamins A to D3 but less amount of D3
- The pricing is a bit high but it is noteworthy but they are well worth the price.
- It can make you feel drowsy.
#4. Vimerson Health’s Men’s Daily Multivitamin
The men’s daily multivitamin supplement boosts your energy and enhances your overall health. It is a very potent capsule made with natural ingredients. It is manufactured in the US and is GMP-licensed.
- It doesn’t cause nausea
- There is no experience of aftertaste
- It doesn’t result in any side effects
- It doesn’t result in heartburn
- It is easy to digest and absorb into the bloodstream
- The pricing is high but compares well with related brand.
- It greatly boosts your energy and mood.
- It is good for individuals who take a blood thinner because it contains no Vitamin K
- It contains stimulants that make you feel unusual after taking it.
- You can feel dizzy after taking it.
- It can make you sick when taken in empty stomach.
#5. One A Day Multivitamin, Men’s Health Formula
This one a day multivitamin for men’s health comes with the nutritional requirements that boost the health of men. It as well contains antioxidants that protect the cells of the body. It helps to boost the blood pressure and the energy of the user.
- The multivitamin is produced by a trustworthy brand and comes with the essential vitamins and mineral requirements of men’s needs.
- It is specially formulated to meet the needs of men.
- It is shipped as anticipated
- It is doctors approved for heart’s health and a great value for the money spent.
- It is a great product with good price
- It doesn’t come with any form of stomach upset or digestive issues
- It doesn’t contain iron which is good for men’s health
There you go! A detailed review of the best vitamins for men over 50. The age factor is important as men within this age brackets are expected to be active and highly energized.
William Toro ‧ CPT & Nutritionist
William is a certified personal trainer from NASM, he has also been a rehab physiologist for sports persons. He has more than 15 years of experience training people. And has featured in multiple publications like FoxNews, CNBC, Bustle, and other.