Kendall Jenner, Victoria's Secret Model and daughter of Olympian parent Caitlyn Jenner, has a fantastic body figure. She is a high-paid model today, but she did not achieve all this based on sheer luck. Working out daily and keeping track of what to eat is how Kendall makes her body look fabulous.
While this may make you envy her body and may even make some of you insecure, not anymore. In this article, we will discuss Kendal Jenner's workout routine, her diet plan, and even Kendall's pre-Victoria's secret and how she gets fit for the ramp walks. So continue reading and learn all about it today.
Kendall Jenner's Weight Loss Journey And Toned Physique
Kendall Jenner belongs to the famous Kardashian-Jenner family, and just like her famous sister Kylie, she has made herself very successful and is known all around the globe. Kendall first made her mark in fashion work by being the face of campaigns and walking on the runway, and today her name is associated with many renowned brands.
Some brands she has worked with include Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Chanel, Versace, and Vera Wang. While it is true that Kendall has been blessed with good genes and is slim naturally, but her toned abs and clear skin are definitely a result of her workout routine and healthy diet. Since she is a supermodel, taking care of her weight is essential, and her approach is functional and simple.
Kendall Jenner Ab Workout: Step-By-Step
Kendall Jenner is known for her hard-toned abs and her ab workouts. While she also carries out a full-body workout, she claims that whenever she is lounging around or has 10-minutes to spare while traveling, she carries out her ab workout, especially sit-ups and crunches. So continue reading to learn all about her ab workout and how to carry it step-by-step.
Duration/Repetition: 30 Seconds
To do this exercise, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Go into a position similar to doing push-ups; however, instead of putting your weight on your hands, bend them from the elbow so the weight is on the forearms.
Make sure you clench your glutes and tighten your abs. Your body must be in a straight posture.
Carry out this exercise for 30 seconds and then move to the next exercise.
If you are still confused about getting into the forearm plank position, then the video below will help you out. Forearm plank is effective when done right, so follow it properly.
Duration/Repetition: 30 Seconds
Similar to the above exercise, this one is for thirty seconds and is a high plank. To carry out a high plank, follow the steps below:
- Go down into a push-up position again, but stay up and put your weight onto your hands. Also, make sure that your hands are directly underneath the shoulders.
- Your body must be straight and tighten your glutes by squeezing them together.
- Carry out this exercise for 30 seconds before moving on to the next exercise.
This exercise is eerily similar to the forearm plank, but instead of stabilizing your weight on your forearms, you do it with your hands.
Duration/Repetition: 15 Seconds
As the name suggests, a side plank is an exercise you carry out by keeping your body tilted towards the side.
- Start by going on your right side and prop yourself up using your forearm. Make sure you place your arm directly under the shoulder, and your feet must be stacked on top of each other together.
- Tighten your core and lift yourself using your hips; all the while, your body must stay straight from your head to toe.
- Hold this posture for 15 seconds, and do not let your hips drop. When the time is up, repeat this exercise on your left side.
If you do not have enough strength to prop yourself up, you can modify the exercise by keeping your bottom knee. When you have practiced this posture for some time, you can shift to keeping your legs off the floor.
Side Plank With Crunches
Duration/Repetition: 5 Repetitions Each Side
While this exercise may be challenging, as a beginner, you must try doing it five times for each side and then go higher.
- Get down in the same position as side plants by keeping your hips off the ground and your hand behind the head.
- Keep your hand behind your head, bend your top leg, and then raise your knee towards the bent elbow.
- Move your legs and hand back to the starting positions and continue doing this exercise five times.
- Once the five repetitions are done, switch your position to the left side and continue doing it.
These plank crunches will allow you to get a tighter and more stable core.
Leg Plank With Single Arm
Duration/Repetition: 15 Seconds
- Get into the same position as a high plank and keep your hands under your shoulders. Make sure your body is entirely straight.
- Start by lifting your right arm in front of you and then lift the opposite leg (left leg).
- Keep this pose for around 15 seconds, and then shift by picking up your left arm and right leg.
Duration/Repetition: 15 Seconds
While you may be tired of doing planks for your abs, this exercise benefits your abs and shoulders as well.
- Go down in a forearm plank position but keep your abs tight and body straight.
- Next, you need to move your body in a rocking position so you come up on your toes and your shoulders move forward, past the elbows.
- Now rock back to the starting position and continue doing this exercise for the next fifteen seconds.
With this exercise, you will feel a severe burn in your upper back, shoulders, and even your core.
Duration/Repetition: 5 Repetition Per Side
This exercise is a mix of high plank and bicycle crunch, two-in-one, and creates a very strong core. In order to carry out this exercise, follow the following steps:
- Get into a low or high plank position but make sure your back is flat and your core must be tight.
- Then bring up your knee towards the elbow of the same side; for example, bring up the knee of your right leg towards your right elbow and the same for the other side.
- Pause in that position, and then take your leg back to its place. Repeat this exercise five times.
Duration/Repetition: 20 Repetition
Crunch is an effective exercise for building up your abs and getting a tighter core. To carry out this exercise, follow the following steps:
- Lie on your back by keeping your feet on the floor with your knees bent. Make sure your legs are hip-width apart.
- Then place both hands behind your head and lift your upper body using your core muscles. However, do not put any pressure on your neck and head.
- Then go back down to the starting position and repeat this exercise 20 times.
To put pressure on your core rather than your head, try to place your hands across your chest instead of under the head.
Duration/Repetition: 30 Seconds
Bicycle crunch can be one of the easier exercises from Kendall Jenner's ab workout routine and can be done by following the steps mentioned below:
- Get down in the crunch position mentioned above by keeping your knees bent, back straight, and hip-width distance between your legs,
- Keep your hands behind your head and lift your legs in a way that the shins should be directly parallel to the ground.
- Now straighten out your right leg and bring the left knee closer to the chest, and while doing this, turn your upper body to the left side and bring your right elbow towards the left knee.
- Repeat this with the other right knee and left elbow and alternate between the two for thirty seconds.
Duration/Repetition: 20 Seconds
Vertical crunch is like the basic crunch exercise, but it emphasizes both the top and bottom muscles instead of just the top ones. To carry out this exercise, follow the steps below:
- Lie down on the floor with your back flat on the ground and place your hands behind your head.
- Next, lift your legs straight so that they are perpendicular to the floor (making a 90-degree angle) and while they are straight, squeeze them together.
- Then, with your abdominal muscles, lift your upper back and shoulders from the floor and move your hands towards your toes. Hold this crunch position for one second before going back to the starting position.
- Continue doing this for the next twenty seconds.
Duration/Repetition: 15 Repetitions
Frog crunches are more intense than the basic crunch since it eliminates hip flexors and focuses entirely on the core muscles. To do this exercise, you need to follow the following steps:
- Get on your back by lying flat on the floor and put your hands behind your head.
- Your knees must be bent slightly, and the soles of the feet should be joined together flat. They should open into a diamond shape.
- The next step is to lift your upper body while using your core muscles and, at the same time, try to bring your knees inwards towards the chest.
- Repeat this process 15 times and then move on to the last exercise.
Duration/Repetition: 15 Repetition Per Leg (30 In Total)
You must be out of breath by this point but don't give up! Think about Kendall's toned physique to get some motivation and carry out leg lifts by following the steps below.
- Lie down on your back, keep it flat, while keeping your legs straight and your arms at the side with your palms facing downwards.
- Start to raise your right leg off the ground and keep it straight; the height is not specific, so as long as it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it is fine.
- Then lower the leg back onto the ground and repeat the exercise with the left leg. For each leg, repeat this exercise fifteen times.
Kendall Jenner Full Body Workout Routine
While Kendall Jenner's ab exercises are known to be her signature workout regimen, her full-body workout is also outstanding. If you can work out five times a week and have some time to spare, then her full-body regimen can provide you with effective results quickly.
Kendall Jenner's workout routine exercises are mentioned below with their duration and repetition timing, so keep on reading and learn all about them.
Sets And Repetition
- Push-Ups: 6 Sets With 10 Repetitions
- Squats: 6 Sets With 10 Repetitions
- Tuck Jumps: 4 Sets With 10 Repetitions
- Skater Lunges With Dumbbell Kickbacks*: 2 Sets With 10 Repetitions
- Dumbbell Press*: 3 Sets With 15 Repetitions
- Bicycle Crunches: 100 Repetitions Per Each Side
* If you do not own dumbbells, fill two bottles with water and use them instead.
Tips That Kendall Jenner's Personal Trainer Swears By
Kendall Jenner's personal trainer Gunnar Peterson helps her with her exercises and keeps her going even when she is no longer in the mood to work out. Gunnar Peterson is a well-known celebrity trainer who has worked with Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lopez. He focuses mainly on ab workouts but also trains Kendall with weights. Some tips her personal trainer swears by including the following:
- If you want to see effective results, you need to work out consistently five times a week. When Kendall Jenner is not traveling, she spends her time working out with Gunnar Peterson.
- If you plan on working early in the morning or even in the evening, try to keep your workout clothes ready.
- Think about yourself with a good body and let that motivate you.
- Don't change exercise every week but try to stick to one routine for a few months to reap effective results.
- Her trainer doesn't make her do exercises with too much weight and so when working out with weights, make sure they are low enough so that you can carry out at least 10 repetitions.
Kendall Jenner's Diet And Cravings
Kendall Jenner has a very nutritional diet similar to a Paleo diet but is not very strict. She mainly relies on lean proteins such as lean chicken, vegetables, and fruits, and she prefers to keep things simple, which is evident in her diet plan.
Kendall steers clear of refined and processed foods, but she occasionally indulges in treats that include In-N-Out Burger and Pizza. The secret to a healthy diet lies in moderation which is something she strictly follows.
Kendall Jenner varies her diet plan according to her needs and busy schedule. Mentioned below is what she typically eats per day, and this includes the following:
Morning Breakfast: She starts her day with a detox tea and usually prefers Lemongrass tea, followed by an avocado over an egg or a bowl of oatmeal.
Lunch: Kendall Jenner's lunch includes lean protein with either a salad or a bowl of rice, depending on what she is craving at the moment.
Snacks: For snacks, Kendall Jenner likes to either munch on fruits and prefers tortilla chips with guacamole. She also likes hummus and veggies.
Dinner: She is a huge fan of pasta, and her dinner usually has vegan Bolognese spaghetti, fettuccine, or even sushi sometimes.
Kendall Jenner Wellness Routine And Hot Yoga
Kendall Jenner's workout routine is very effective, no doubt, but to achieve the complete supermodel look, you also need to follow a wellness routine.
It is no secret that she hates cardio which is why hot yoga is something she relies on most time. Hot yoga allows her to sweat, which is something she loves. It can be a great addition to the Kendall Jenner workout routine.
Her overall routine includes cardio, hot yoga, core workouts, full-body workouts, and resistance training. Kendall Jenner's personal trainer also puts emphasis on strength training and healthy eating habits.
But that's not all! She also focuses on self-care as a part of her wellness routine. She focuses on sleep, spending time with friends, and transcendental meditation, which improves her mental health and helps her deal with anxiety.
Kendall Jenner Pre Victoria's Secret
Before her runway walks or shows, Kendall likes to eat clean and work out extra hard to achieve a healthy look. She also tries to get proper sleep to avoid feeling drowsy or nervous. To sustain herself during her Victoria's Secret shows, she relies on the following snacks, which she calls "kendall's pre victoria's secret," and they include the following:
- Twix Bars
- Vegetables and hummus
- Almond butter packs
- Chips with guacamole
After the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, Kendall loves to give herself a cheat day and opts for cheeseburgers without feeling guilty! After all, she is human and can get tired of eating healthy, just like us.
What Supplements Does Kendall Jenner Use?
Kendall Jenner relies primarily on vitamins and detox tea to keep herself fit and get better gains. Before a red carpet event, she takes a multivitamin to regulate blood sugar levels and give her hair and nails some additional strength.
You can also check weight gainers suitable for skinny women.
Unlike the rest of the Kardashian-Jenner clan filled with Instagram models, Kendall Jenner is the only supermodel in the family and is one of the highest-paid models. She has walked on the runway for Victoria's Secret Fashion Show several times.
With her strict exercise routine, moderate eating habits, and exceptionally controlled cravings, she has achieved a physique that women worldwide desire. But envy her no more! With the tips mentioned above and exercises, you can achieve a figure like her! So follow Kendall Jenner's workout routine to get a body exactly like her.
Also, if you want to learn more about other celebrities, their workouts, and diets, then you can check them out below: